International load language & keyboard settings

ashis.v.purbhoo at exxonmobil.com ashis.v.purbhoo at exxonmobil.com
Mon Apr 14 18:10:18 UTC 2008

Fellow red-hat admins,

I've have some questions on the interactions between keyboard & languages
settings.  For example, if I have a Russian, German, or Norwegian keyboard
does that automatically result in changing the language settings.  What are
the issues/problems with having a Russian keyboard setting with the default
language set to English/US/C vs. changing it to Russian.

What are the implications of having different settings or is it preferred
to place English/US/C in addition to having a secondary language set?  Or
is the preference to have the system's keyboard setting by default set to
the region & have the user choose language settings?

I'm looking for specifics on advantages/disadvantages to either
configuration or if there is another standard that would be better and why
& file(s) would need to be modified.

Ash