Read Only

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Thu Apr 17 22:21:38 UTC 2008

Greetings:

	I've been using external USB hard drives on RHEL for more than a
year.  But this condition only happens on one system.  I make ext3
filesystems on the devices (I have more than one here).  I can mount them
fine and write to them fine.  But after a time period of inactivity, the
drives spin down for power savings.  When they wake back up, the file
systems become READ ONLY.  A simple umount and mount is all that's needed to
remedy this, but I can't always do that in some automated processes.

	Has anyone else seen this behavior?  The mount points are in the
standard /media directory.

Scully