Xen and SELinux Issue

Jose R R jose.r.r at metztli.com
Wed Apr 30 04:41:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Paul M. Whitney <paul.whitney at mac.com>
wrote:

> Forgive me if this question belongs in a different forum, but not sure how
> to even begin to resolve this.
>

> I am running RHEL AS 5.1. I noticed when building a Vista image, SELinux
> blocked a Xen process. I had to eventually put SELinux into permissive
> mode
> to get Xen working. Here is the error that was generated. Is there a fix
> for
> this or do I need to create a new rule for SELinux?
>
> [...]

You may want to read:
http://etbe.blogspot.com/2007/04/xen-and-se-linux-eweek-review-of-rhel5.html

(and verify) that your image is located at the appropriate file system
(expected) location.  In the past, when running short of hard disk space in
a single user Linux workstation, I would even make a symbolic link to
another hard disk and/or partition where space was no issue.

Good luck!

Jose R Rodriguez
http://www.metztli-it.com