reinstall gcc

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 22:26:10 UTC 2008

I think what you want to do is use rpm's verify option. From rpm's man page:

Verifying  a  package compares information about the installed files in the
package
       with information about the files taken from the package metadata
stored in the  rpm
       database.   Among  other things, verifying compares the size, MD5
sum, permissions,
       type, owner and group of each file.  Any discrepancies are
displayed.   Files  that
       were  not  installed from the package, for example, documentation
files excluded on
       installation using the "--excludedocs" option, will be silently
ignored.

man rpm will give you the details.

Good luck

Romeo