development license

Jose R R jose.r.r at metztli.com
Thu Aug 14 05:24:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Stephan van Hienen <ddx at a2000.nu> wrote:

> Can someone tell me if there is a cheaper license than the basic
> subscription ($349) ?
> I don't mind paying the basic subscription for ourproduction servers, but
> for our development and staging servers I hope there is a cheaper solution ?
> (Currently we are using centos for our dev and staging servers but I prefer
> to use redhat on them.)

Have you looked into Oracle Unbreakable
Linux<http://www.oracle.com/technologies/linux/index.html>(Red Hat
Enterprise GNU/Linux defaced):

Enterprise Linux Network Support (2 physical CPUs)
$119
$119
Access to software and updates through the Unbreakable Linux Network.

[A monolithic integrated circuit with multiple cores or hyperthreading is
counted as a single physical CPU when determining the total number of
physical CPUs in a system; see the pricing guide for further details.]

Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com