RedHat Samba using LDAP for access to shares.

Pascal Clermont pascal-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA
Wed Aug 20 16:38:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a RHEL 5.2 network Running LDAP KRB access to all my samba shares
which is working very well.
I have created a setup (IN VMs) of a Linux PXE RIS server that uses
tfpd/Samba to push all the informations/files needed for a windows XP
installation. It seems that the service requires a "null passwords =
yes" setting in samba. Now I personally am under the impression this
will bring chaos and insecurity in my samba service.

Could I have insight from anyone using this and that understand
everything this settings implies?

Regards,
--
Pascal Serge Clermont