SPEC files: Include RHEL distribution in the release

I'm building an RPM on a number of different RHEL versions. Is there
something I can include in the RPM spec file which will auto-set the
distribution name and version?

I tried:

Release: 1%{distribution}

In the spec file but this did not seem to do the trick. I'm feeling what
I'm trying to achieve is simple but I haven't found any examples yet.
--
´╗┐Joel Heenan