scp in a script with keys and passphrase

Barbeau, Jean-Philippe JP.Barbeau at SAQ.qc.ca
Mon Aug 4 15:08:10 UTC 2008

the "expect" package may be what you're looking for.  from the rpm description:

---
Expect is a tcl extension for automating interactive applications such
as telnet, ftp, passwd, fsck, rlogin, tip, etc. Expect is also useful
for testing those applications. Expect makes it easy for a script to
control another program and interact with it.

Install the expect package if you want to develop scripts that
interact with interactive applications. You will also need to install
the tcl package.
---

it's available for RHEL 4 & 5.