From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Aaron Bliss
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 1:04 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: some weird behavior when viewing man pages

I noticed that displaying man pages looks a bit funny.  The box is running
redhat 5 ES, using bash shell, over ssh via putty on a windows xp box.  For
instance, when I man man the first word for the -w option is

Donât --which I assume should read as Don't.
Further down, for the LANG section there are two more uses of â associated
with
the text LANG and foo.

Any ideas on this?  Thanks.

Aaron