read and write size in NFS v4

Stephen Carville stephen.carville at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 19:23:48 UTC 2008

I am migrating my NFS file server from RHEL3 to RHEL5 and moving up to
NFS v4 where i can.  Once question I still have is what is the maximum
rsize and wsize i can set for V4 automount?  The file
include/linux/nfsd/const.h says teh maximum is 32*1024 (32K) but some
google postings claim that does not apply to V4;  I've tried v4
automounts with values up to 1048576 and none of the machine have
complained.

A part of the new server's duties will be to accept the RMAN (oracle)
backups so speed is important.  I am using a dedicated gigabit switch
with jumbo frames (9000 bytes) and I have tuned the TCP  for the
"private" interfaces on all the connected interfaces.  These is the
only parameter I am not sure what I can get away with.  I have it set
to 32768 for the current v3 setup.

--
Stephen Carville