VMWare

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Mon Aug 18 08:34:49 UTC 2008

Hy,

I will try my best, hope it will help.
If you have installed the VMWare tools out of VMware Server or
Workstation (did not know what exactly you use) into the guest you are
able to add "Shared Folders" into the VM to access your local HardDisc..
In my case it works perfectly. The CD-ROM or other Devices could
connected or add in the preferences menu of VMWare. The Rest should be
found in the VMWare Help or at vmware.com or somewhere else (it seems no
further Redhat or Fedora problem so far)...

What dou you mean "VMware for ServerS"? VMWare Server is the free VMware
product. If you want to use VMware for Redhat or Fedora Servers you want
to build up its easy to use. You only have to install this as a new
guest. But please be aware that you need MUCH RAM into your machine. If
you want to host much Servers you want to have VMware ESX, but that
costs a bit more and you also want to plan your ESX a bit better.

But Virtualisation comes with Redhat itself... please take also a look
at Xen. Maybe this package does all you want

mit freundlichen Grüßen / yours sincerly
H. Heigl