equivalent of Windows PortQry utility to test udp/tcp serviceslistening on remote servers

jerry.feldman at algorithmics.com jerry.feldman at algorithmics.com
Wed Aug 20 12:28:35 UTC 2008

Try using Netcat: nc(1)
nc - arbitrary TCP and UDP connections and listens

It is installed on all of my RHEL 4 systems.  This should help.

--
Jerry Feldman <Jerry.Feldman at algorithmics.com>
Algorithmics (US), Inc

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8355e537-1ea6-
> 4569-aabb-f248f4bd91d0&displaylang=en
>
> How To: Use Portqry to Troubleshoot Active Directory Connectivity:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816103
>
> Need something that's not "rpm" build - just an executable like top
which
> can be run off command line straight after it's being copied into the
Unix
> OS.
> If can be run straight away without compilation, better still (dont
want
> source code)
>
> "netstat -an | grep ... "  only do it for local host
>
> Thanks

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and proprietary to Algorithmics Incorporated and its affiliates ("Algorithmics"). If received in error, use is prohibited. Please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. Algorithmics does not accept liability for any errors or omissions. Any commitment intended to bind Algorithmics must be reduced to writing and signed by an authorized signatory.