RHCE certification

Mike Hanby mhanby at uab.edu
Mon Aug 25 19:35:29 UTC 2008

Johan, I bought the RHCE Linux Study Guide that you linked and have
really enjoyed reading through it.

I didn't purchase it as a study guide, so I can't comment on its
effectiveness, however the author does provides tips and tricks
routinely throughout the book to assist you during the exam. For
example, he stresses that wherever possible you use the CLI for the sake
of speed, and also stresses (as has been pointed out by another poster)
that the exam is about the end result, so if you know an alternative
method to accomplish the task, use it (example, using vipw rather than
the usermod command).

I purchased the book as a way to expand my RH admin skills. For me, the
RHCE book has done that in spades and was well worth the purchase and
time spent reading it. You could get all of this info by reading through
many of the online documents, this book just puts a good bit in one
place.

Mike