mrepo rhnget: TypeError's

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:29:20 UTC 2008

So I went to go run mrepo -guvv today, and I got these errors which surprised
me:

rhnget: TypeError: Error downloading package ICAClient-8.0-1.RHEL_4.1.i386.rpm
from rhel-i386-as-4-extras. Skipping.
'NoneType' object is not callable
rhnget: TypeError: Error downloading package RealPlayer-10.0.9-2.i386.rpm from
rhel-i386-as-4-extras. Skipping.
'NoneType' object is not callable

(quite a few more, those are just some of the packages that gave that).

I haven't checked to see if the packages actually downloaded or not, but all
the packages seem to be "proprietery" packages (ie java, ipw packages,
acrobat etc). Has anything changed in the way rhn distributes these types of
packages? if so, is there a way to get them to download using mrepo (this is
me assuming they didn't download correctly.. which i'll check after downloads
are completed)?

Ben