VMWare

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Wed Dec 24 21:06:17 UTC 2008

Eric Feldhusen wrote:
> On Dec 24, 2008, at 2:29 PM, mark <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
>> That may be the case, but I'm *jobhunting*, and what everyone (>90%)
>> want is VMware.
>>
> If you're job hunting, more often than not, companies are looking for
> ESX experience. I'd recommend registering for the free ESXi and getting
> experience with that.

Um, I'm not going to afford going out and buying a brand new system, or even a
new hard drive. I'm installing this on my existing system. I mean, come on,
what would you do?

I don't think they're going to worry about whether I installed bare metal, or
hosted, just that I'm familiar with VMware and VMs. Once it's up and running,
there shouldn't be *that* much difference (other than me not having a SAN or
some such).

	mark