VMWare

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Wed Dec 24 16:19:42 UTC 2008

katsumi liquer wrote:
> IMHO no, there are no such gotchas, other than you may have to deal
> with the default RHEL kernel out-of-memory process killer. If you are
> hoping to configure VMware Server to use close to all of your physical
> memory, you'll have to deal with it. Alternately if you really want a
> clean, and also free approach, leave the Linux box alone and use
> stand-alone ESX 3i on a separate host. Better VM, and better Linux
> left untouched ;)

Not gonna work that way. I'm doing this at home, where I'm currently running
openSuSE. I was figuring on installing VMWare Server, then, somewhere soon,
installing CentOS 5 as a VM. (Then, next cover letter, and next interview, I
can say that I have been investigating it, and have it running now, so yeah,
you do want to hire me....)

	mark