VMWare

katsumi liquer katsumi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 16:40:28 UTC 2008

Mark,

That much is usually true; when VMware Server installs, depending on
your method, if it can't find a set of kernel modules which load
cleanly into your running kernel, it will attempt to build the modules
needed. For that you will need your kernel dev/header packages and all
compiler tools, but that's pretty much it. You can remove them when
you're done, but keep in mind you may need to rebuild the modules any
time you upgrade your kernel image.

katsu