VMWare

Jose R R jose.r.r at metztli.com
Wed Dec 24 19:21:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Paul M. Whitney <paul.whitney at mac.com> wrote:
[...]
> I also use this technology at work with VMWare Infrastructure 3. Very powerful. There are other options in the market today such as Xen (Red Hat), Citrix, and even Windows Hypervisor. But they all seem to be playing catchup to VMWare's capability.
>[...]

"seem" is not an objective statement and it simply narrows the vision
and scope of virtualization.  The multiple iterations of Xen into so
many different vendors' implementations, like Red Hat and Fedora,
Debian/Ubuntu, Novell's SuSE and OpenSuSE, Oracle's OVS, Sun
Microsystems xVM, simply shows that, in the long run, Xen has the most
potential for a truly connected multi-vendor infrastructure to The
Cloud.

--
Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com