VMWare

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Thu Dec 25 00:10:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 05:39:34PM -0600, mark wrote:
> Now you've got me confused. I thought ESX was for bare metal installs, Dave.

VMWare *looks* like a virtual computer to the software loaded; hence,
the ability to run DOS, Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.  There's no real
reason that ESX wouldn't just look at the hardware and decide to load.

Yes, they have selections when building a VM for the various operating
systems, but I suspect that's more a matter of deciding which virtual
devices to load in the VM.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat