SSH Consent Banner

Paul Whitney paul.whitney at mac.com
Sat Feb 2 01:06:56 UTC 2008

Actually, this worked for me. I created a separate script that is called
within /etc/bashrc. This is what happens. It is probably considered crude,
but it works for me. Please let me know if there is a flaw in this approach.

Thanks.

Paul

HOSTNAME=`hostname`
   GREET=`cat /etc/issue`
   echo $GREET
   echo "Do you agree to this consent? [Y/N]"
   read answer

   case $answer in

   Y|y)
     echo "Welcome to $HOSTNAME."
     ;;

   N|n)
     echo "Goodbye."
     sleep 2
     PID=`ps -ef | grep ssh_test_1 | awk ' {print $3} '`
     kill -9 $PID
     ;;

   *)
     echo "Goodbye.  Try SSH again"
     echo "You Must enter a Y or a N "
     sleep 2
     PID=`ps -ef | grep ssh_test_1 | awk ' {print $3} '`
     kill -9 $PID
     ;;

   esac