Keyboard layout problem in XEN virtual machine

Mertens, Bram mertensb at mazdaeur.com
Mon Feb 11 10:27:30 UTC 2008

Hi

My office uses a number of Windows-only tools which is forcing me to
reboot into Windows several times a say.  To avoid this I'd like to set
up a virtual machine (using XEN) so I can run those tools in it.

After strugling to get Windows XP to install (halfway during the
installation it forces a restart and after this it wouldn't find the CD)
I discovered that even though all the keyboard and language settings are
in XP the keyboard layout is still wrong.  We use azerty keyboards and I
have configured the virtual machine as such but *after the installation*
the keyboard is interpreted as querty.  I stress *after the
installation* because somewhere during the installation you can change
the keyboard layout - which I did - and after that the keyboard layout
was interpreted correctly by the installation program.

How can I configure the virtual machine to recognize my keyboard as
azerty (be-latin1)?

Regards

Bram

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING  310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB