openldap & password aging

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Feb 1 23:43:22 UTC 2008

Ok, well, I finally found the answer, and thought I'd post, since there's got
to be other folks out there with the question (of setting up password aging
with openldap): you need at least openldap 2.3 - that's where they implemented
the RFC (I forget the number) to add password aging. You have to load a module,
and then you can set it.

I just d/l and built openldap 2.3.39, I think it was, no trouble, on the box
I'm running the 2.2 that came with RHEL 4.

What seems to be a good link with a discussion of how to set it up is at
<http://blog.zrmt.com/index.php/2007/10/19/howto-ppolicy-openldap/>

Hope y'all find it useful.

	mark