kernel: portmap: server 192.168.101.164 not responding, timed out

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue Feb 5 20:16:36 UTC 2008

I see the error message in the log on my NFS server (RedHat EL 5).  The
ip address given is a client machine that mounts a share from the
server...I have a lot of clients mount the same space but none of them
give this error.

I have since shut down the client to see if the errors stop, but I
continue to see it in the logs on the server.  What gives?

I've grepped from the IP address on all files in /etc and it is only
listed in the dhcpd.conf file.  What is causing this message to appear?