wtmp won't rotate

Alan Bartlett stxsl_ajb at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 14:10:19 UTC 2008

Paula,

I have the following lines (CentOS 5 update 1):

# no packages own wtmp -- we'll rotate them here
/var/log/wtmp {
        monthly
#       minsize 1M
        create 0664 root utmp
        rotate 1
}

and I commented out the minsize line to ensure that I got monthly rotation no matter what size the wtmp file was.

As this is essentially identical to Maarten's RHEL 4 file, I cannot see why it will not work.

Regards,
Alan.