Linux filesystem error

auser iloveyunxuan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:17:27 UTC 2008

>auser wrote:
>> hi,redhat-list!
>>
>> When i login in a linux server by ssh and it prompt:
>> -bash: /etc/profile: Input/output error
>> -bash: /root/.bash_profile: Input/output error
>> -bash-3.00#
><snip>
>Two questions:
>  first, what's the output of df, and
-bash-3.00# df -h
/dev/sda2              29G  4.0G   24G  15% /
/dev/sda1             190M   13M  168M   8% /boot
/dev/sda6             362G   16G  328G   5% /data
none                  2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda3             7.7G  330M  7.0G   5% /opt
>  second, have you looked in /var/log/messages
there is nothing output when i check /var/log/messages and /var/log/secure :
-bash-3.00# cat /var/log/messages
-bash-3.00# cat /var/log/secure

>Given that it looks like there's a problem with both sda2 and sda3, I wonder
>about a hardware error.
>
>The other thing you could try is to take it down to single user mode, umount
>the partitions, and run fsck on 'em.
The service is running well ,so i can't reboot and run fsck .
i am afraid after i do that,the server will not start!!

It may be caused by hardware problem.
And i know i will shutdown it and check sonner or later.
But now i want to known how to find the problem.

>	mark
>
>--

											姓名:郭苗苗
											Email:guomiaomiao at staff.hexun.com