RHEL 5 & NFS Input/Output Error

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Tue Feb 19 20:13:53 UTC 2008

This message usually means that NFS server and client do not agree on
the version of NFS offered, however this might not be the cause of your
problems.

So, could you login as root to the RHEL3 boxes and do an:

rpcinfo -p server   (server=resolvable name of your RHEL5).

and provide the output?

Also, what are the mount options you use on the /etc/fstab file (or
automount config) on the RHEL3 side to mount the home dirs from RHEL5?
Do the NFS imported partitions show up in df, does it hang, display the
partitions as mounted but with no util info?...

GM