fortran library error

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Thu Feb 21 09:49:49 UTC 2008

>From the error messages, it seems like gfortran command is not present
in ur Redhat server. This command comes with gcc-gfortran RPM which will
be present in ur Redhat repository. Install this package and try to
compile the program again !

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of shivesh kumar
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:15 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: fortran library error

Dear all,
We are trying to install CCP4 in our new version of Red
hat.Duringconfiguration,it is showing the following
error.We have checked the fortran library,f77 and g77 is
there.Pleasesuggest about the problem and its solution...Thanx in
advance...

configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for gfortran option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gfortran PIC flag -fPIC works... no
checking if gfortran supports -c -o file.o... no
checking whether the gfortran linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... ./configure: line 15032:
gfortran: command not found
GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for perl... perl
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... (cached) no
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... (cached) no
checking how to get verbose linking output from gfortran... configure:
WARNING: compilation failed

checking for Fortran 77 libraries...
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... none
checking for Fortran name-mangling scheme... configure: error: cannot
compile a simple Fortran program