Some one playing nasty things with Red Hat8 Xeon server

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Feb 28 17:26:08 UTC 2008

> Hi Techies
>                 I guess Some one playing nasty things with Red Hat8 Xeon
> server through telnet. Can I know who all IPs telnet
> server ? Is there any log file or way to trace who all IP
> telnet the server on a particular day or time ?

Why do you have Telnet open in the first place?  It is a horribly insecure
protocol.  Use ssh instead.  (And then install DenyHosts for deal with
people trying to hack the login.)

Redhat 8 is *OLD*.  You should REALLY consider upgrading.  (Not to mention
that it was not a very good release.)  If you cannot afford a Redhat
support contract, look at CentOS.