how is udev integrated in redhat enterprise linux5?

leilei175 at gmail.com leilei175 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:44:46 UTC 2008

hi
thanks for your suggestion.
I have tried to find information from the man page.However I'm not
able to find the answer to this.
According to the man page we can write rules like this to rename the
network interface
KERNEL=="eth*", SYSFS{address}=="00:12:34:fe:dc:ba", NAME="eth0″
in which the 00:12:34:fe:dc:ba is the MAC address of the NIC.

the default directory containing udev rules is /etc/udev/rules.d,but I
can't find any file containing rules about "eth" naming.the lspci
result of the box is always the same,but the NIC order is kept
changing.