Gpg and IDEA

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at gov.mb.ca
Mon Jan 21 20:24:01 UTC 2008

Has anybody added IDEA to the rpm installation of gpg?  I'm still fairly
pgp ignorant and the gpg IDEA add-on mentions things that don't exist in
my RH server.

Of course, I am assuming that I need IDEA based on the error I am
seeing:

[user at myserver]# gpg --decrypt myfile.txt
gpg: protection algorithm 1 (IDEA) is not supported
gpg: the IDEA cipher plugin is not present
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/why-not-idea.html for more
information
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID C0A298D3, created 2004-07-13
      "one_of_my_keys"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

If I am interpreting this incorrectly, I would like to know this as
well.  Thanks.

Regards, Marshall