From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of leilei175 gmail com
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:25 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: how is udev integrated in redhat enterprise linux5?

Hi,

I have some question about the network device naming mechanism in enterprise Linux5.
On my box with 2 on-board network interface and another 2 intel network interface,the order of these four interfaces will change from time to time.I mean sometimes the 2 on-board are eth0 eth1,sometimes they are eth1 eth2.

I know I can use MAC address to fix the order.I'm just curious about how could the order change boot by boot without any modification on configuration or hardware.

could any one give some suggestion?

Thanks