queer dns access problem

david brett dbrett at tcn.net
Thu Jan 3 20:10:54 UTC 2008

It sounds like a network configuration error somewhere.

Try doing the following:
-traceroute to the DNS server's IP address
-see if you can access anything outside your own network via IP (i.e.
ping http)
-see what is the default route on the box not working (netstat -nr)

These three steps will help point the direction to look next.

Please accept my apology if, jumping in late I have missed any of these
already.