Re: clamav

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Mad Unix wrote:

I am thinking to install clamav on a server RHEL5 to scan
the traffic flows in my network incl. 150+ WinXP.
Can i do  an Anti-Virus for the Whole Network using ClamAV?

Yes, there is a ClamAV client for Windows.

I suspect, though, that you're asking if you can install ClamAV on one
RHEL box and have it somehow scan 150 Windows machines.  No; to the
best of my knowledge, you cannot.  Install antivirus software locally.
(Or use a centrally-managed enterprise anti-virus solution.)

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University