Re: GSM Modem

On 04Jan2008 17:03, Mad Unix <madunix gmail com> wrote:
| any one connected 2N EasyGate Analog GSM
| Gateway<http://www.2n.cz/products/gsm_gateways.html?>(Fixed Cellular
| Terminal) through Serial port (COM) to RHEL5 server.
| need to know if its supported under RHEL5, input would be really
| appreciated.

If it speaks the standard AT commands for GSM operation (most do) it
should work just fine. You will need to find a utility to drive it;
I drive the GSM mode at work with expect and shell scripts. I have
not sought out pre-written software.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

- Rich Kulawiec
Any sufficiently advanced feature is indistinguishable from a bug.
- Greg Alexander's corollary <galexand indiana edu>