RHEL3 and apache 2.0 virtual hosts

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Jan 7 15:32:44 UTC 2008

Okay, maybe it's just me doing something stupid, but I cannot get
Virtual Hosts working on a RHEL3 box for one of my customers.  I have 4
domains going to one IP address, and I read and followed TFM so far to
no avail, so I'm asking for some help.  Here's what I have in httpd.conf:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/ser
ServerName www.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/wom
ServerName www.dom2.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/rotn
ServerName www.dom3.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/ccs
ServerName www.dom4.com
</VirtualHost>

Now, the first listed domain works fine (I have a cheesy under
construction page), but when I go to any of the others I get the 'Under
construction page' for all of them.  I simply don't understand what I've
missed.

Help.

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support