RHEL3 and apache 2.0 virtual hosts

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Jan 7 16:10:18 UTC 2008

Mark Haney wrote:
> Barry Brimer wrote:
>> Quoting Mark Haney <mhaney at ercbroadband.org>:
>
>>> Help.
>> <VirtualHost *> may be valid, but I always use <VirtualHost IP Address:port>.
>> At the very least I would try <VirtualHost *:80>  Have you tried that?  Any
>> useful information in your error log?
>>

> Yeah I think that did it.  I need to tweak default file settings (.htm
> as well as .html, etc), but that seemed to fix it.  I had it setup that
> way before, and it didn't seem to work.  Hmm.
>
> Thanks for the help.

I spoke too soon.  The change to <IP:80> works for the first domain, but
not for the rest of the domains I have that I want to serve from that
single IP address.  When I set them all up that way apache complains:

VirtualHost 64.147.X.X:80 overlaps with VirtualHost 64.147.X.X:80, the
first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive.

Ideas?

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support