logrotate Problem

Vivek Mangal vivek.mangal9685 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:15:07 UTC 2008

Hello All,

I have a Problem to create the log file.
Log file did not  compress and  they did not rotate weekly.
i donot know what is the problem.
and i configured logrotate.conf as
all the entries in /etc/logrotate.d/* are correct.
their are any other file which are responsible for it ?
and how can i solve it ?
\\\\\\\\ /etc/logrotate.conf file\\\\\\\\\\
# see "man logrotate" for details
# rotate log files weekly
weekly
# keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs
rotate 4
# create new (empty) log files after rotating old ones
create
# uncomment this if you want your log files compressed
compress
# RPM packages drop log rotation information into this directory
include /etc/logrotate.d
# no packages own wtmp -- we'll rotate them here
/var/log/wtmp {
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1