Tripwire, Radmind, Others?

Hello sysadmins,

In order to lock down my little system I wanted to invest some time/money into a program to keeps a snapshot of the state of the filesystem, i.e. file names, file attributes and hashes.

I have used "Tripwire" in the 90's and early 00's with some good results (but had some problems with its configuration) but then abandoned it as it was no longer packaged with Red Hat above 8 I think (?).

Anyway, I wanted to look at "radmind" - does anyone have any particular notable points on it? Are these filesystem-synapshot approaches still current or are there new approaches (an enforcing SELinux
or kernel modules collecting information at runtime come to mind).

Best regards,

-- David