Up2date text-gui on rhel4u3

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Wed Jan 16 10:20:52 UTC 2008

Hi all,

If I start up2date with the --nox switch, all that happens is I get a text
configuration menu. Does the text-only "gui" actually allow for anything like
the graphical gui to choose and install more than one package at any one time,
ie similar to the graphical one?

According to
http://www.globalfilesystem.org/docs/manuals/RHNetwork/ref-guide/3.4/s1-up2dat
e-setup.html one can only choose to download and/or install separate packages,
the text-gui does not allow for choosing from a list. Eg typing in "update -d
cups" at the command line and it will download but but not install any
packages called cups-something.

Am I correct in believing this the case? If yes, what would my options be if I
wanted to use the text-gui and install more than one package at the time?

Thank you in advance.

--
BW,
	Sorin

# Sorin Srbu
# [Systems Engineer, Sysadmin]  	Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,	Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,		Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University, 	Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden	Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#