Out of Memory issue

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Jan 17 15:13:26 UTC 2008

Andrew,

>Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:12:31 +0000
>From: Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
>
>I currently have a problem with our Redhat Machines running out of memory
>and automatically killing the main process that is running on the machine
>at the time. Below is my kernel version and the text from the messages
<snip>
It's rather unlikely that the o/s has such a severe memory leak. More likely is that you're running software that's leaking like a sieve. What large processes are you running? Or, for that matter, is there any possibility that your system's been compromised, and the malware is running out the resources?

       mark