Re: hardware discovery

lspci -v

for starters.

Bill Tangren wrote:
I have an old IBM Thinkpad T41 that I inherited, and I am trying to
configure the wifi card. To do this, I need to configure the software in
the GUI, but the software requires the make of the wifi card. Short of
tearing the laptop apart, is the a way I can do a hardware discovery to
find the make of the card?

George Magklaras

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://www.biotek.uio.no/