Re: OT: Bind works?

Thanks, I suspected, but could not find any reference. I feel save making the corrects

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, BERES Laszlo wrote:

david brett wrote:

The reason for our confusion is the named.conf file does not have any forwarders configured or '"." zone' configured? A file named.ca does exist in the root data directory for bind.

If your question is how can Bind resolve the root NS addresses without explicit definition of hint zone, the answer is simple: the root hints are compiled into the binary.

--
BÉRES László	 RHCE, RHCX
senior IT engineer, trainer