-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Margaret Doll
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2008 10:37 a.m.
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: USB disks

I have a laCie auxiliary disk which has been working on a 2.4.21-53
RedHat system.  The disk was accidently turned off  during the
afternoon.  Now  I cannot get the  device recognized by  the system
again.  The  system can't  open /dev/sdb.

I was able to mount the disk on  a newer RedHat system, but I need to
get it working on the previous  system.

What  should I do next?