Minimal RHEL4 install

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at datacash.com
Thu Jan 24 15:58:45 UTC 2008

Hi Trey
In you kickstart file you can under the packages use @base or @core.
After that do a listing of installed packages and then decide on what
you need and don't.

We use

@ Core
ntp
-bluez-gnome
-anacron
-bluez-utils

Removable packages will be determined by what you want to run on your
server. Reading up on each package listing will be very tedious but will
be a good learning expierence.

Also have a look at these guides for improving security:

http://www.nsa.gov/snac/downloads_redhat.cfm?MenuID=scg10.3.1.1

Regards