scripting problem

Steven Buehler steve at ibushost.com
Mon Jan 28 21:09:10 UTC 2008

	Actually I do.  But it is more complicated than that.  If I tgz up
the /home/user directory, then the tgz file would be over 10GB in size.
Breaks the 2GB limit.  So I get a directory listing and then tgz up each
directory individually so that it doesn't give me any tgz file larger than
2GB in size.  I can post the whole script if anybody wants, but I wanted to
get a few bugs out of it before releasing it to the general public.
	I found this problem when I was baking up a VMware Virtual machine.
There are 2 files that have spaces in them:
Red Hat Linux.vmsd
Red Hat Linux.vmx
	So when the script runs, it breaks them apart at the spaces and
tries to tar up "Red", "Hat", Linux.vmsd and Linux.vmx

Thanks
Steve