Increasing Space in Software Raid

nilesh vaghela nileshj.vaghela at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 03:27:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

can use

Grow   Grow (or shrink) an array, or otherwise reshape it in some way.
 Currently supported  growth  options  including  changing  the
              active size of component devices in RAID level 1/4/5/6
and changing the number of active devices in RAID1.

Try to add two hdd with grow , once if you feel everything ok just
remove the old partition with mdadm.

Or manual method.
create /dev/mdN

with your new two hdd and boot with rescue mode and try something like
tar , dump etc to copy all the data to new raid device.
Change your mounting device in fstab and grub.
Reboot and check.

Thanx