Block PC using Mac address in squid

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 30 23:31:47 UTC 2008

On 30Jan2008 22:12, Mad Unix <madunix at gmail.com> wrote:
| > | I tried as in /etc/squid/squid.conf
| > |   acl block arp 00:13:45:d3:24:e4
| > |   https_access deny block
| > | but it give me error as like: - (This is the output of # squid -k parse)
| > | aclParseAclLine: Invalid ACL type 'arp'
| > | FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 1234: acl block arp 00:13:45:d3:24:e4
| > | squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE6): Terminated abnormally.
| >
| > The normal squid.conf describes the "arp" acl type and says:
| >
| > The arp ACL requires the special configure option --enable-arp-acl.
| >
| > So you will need to rebuild squid from source with this option.
| > Then you should be fine.
|
| question: i did the install of squid through yum , how can i add the MAC
| support in this case...

Fetch the squid source. Build with correct option and also
--prefix=/usr/local. Install. Run the new one and not the yum one.

And don't top post - it makes you look silly. English text reads down
the page, so replies belong on the BOTTOM of the post, under _trimmed_
quoted material.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

"But of course my dear," I'd meant to say, "allow me to whisk you off
on my gleaming steed for a day of unparalleled wonders and delights."
But we both know it came out grudgingly along the lines of "Yeah
awright, who's gonna babysit?"  - John Rooth, _Two Wheels_ Nov96