wrong default route

Thomas Fess dfezz1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 14:54:26 UTC 2008

Yes, modify the /etc/sysconfig/network  with the actual default you want and you CAN add the GATEWAY=whatever here on the actual production NIC = eth1 if I am reading this correctly and then remove the GATEWAY=WRONG-IPS from ALL of the other NIC eth? "service network restart" and you should be in business.  happenes to me alot, we are building 100+ servers and we have backup ip's and LOMs etc.  If you need to access them and you can't without using the GATEWAY... add a regular route  to the NIC config.  example route-eth0 inside that file use some like the following:

Using 172.xxx.32.1 as your main gateway on that NIC to access you other networks from that IP/NIC whatever???

Notice the GATEWAY0, NETMASK0, ADDRESS0 change for each subnet I am trying to access, but my gateway IP stays the same, I am using it to access different networks.

ADDRESS0
ADDRESS1
ADDRESS2
ADDRESS3  if needed etc

####################################

[root at dlxkrc2db5 ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth1
GATEWAY0=172.xxx.32.1
NETMASK0=255.255.255.0
ADDRESS0=172.xxx.32.0

GATEWAY1=172.xxx.32.1