ufs mount, won't mount

Hari N hari2n at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 00:23:40 UTC 2008

Paula,

Is your RH5 box recognizing this partition as "home:/v ?  Did you try dmesg
command to see what this solaris partition is detected as on your RH box?
This should help you change your entry in /etc/fstab.

If you know the exact device name assigned for this partition on your RH5,
you could test this on the command line itself by using the mount command:

*mount -t* fstype device directory

Hari