installing a python program....

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Jul 24 19:34:48 UTC 2008

I'm trying to install a package called supervisor written in python. Their info, on their website (supervisor.org), gives instructions for how to install with no 'Net access. Since I'm told this may, at some point, go to production, and because firewalls are making life difficult, I followed those instructions. I installed the four prerequisites, apparently correctly, no visible errors, and everything's where it should be.

I go into python's interpreter, and can import something called ElementTree.

However, when I go to install supervisor, every. single. time. it tries to access the 'Net, becuase it can't find elementtree.

Anyone have any clues? Thanks in advance.

     mark "the more I deal with python, the more I
              find I *loathe* it"

P.S. I tried joining the supervisor mailing list. I've gotten zero responses in a day, so I'm back here, in desperation.